Terminology for Industrial Perforated Plate and Screens
Terminology of perforated plate and screens for general industrial uses in round opening or square opening series.
- Aperture: the opening in a screening or sieving medium.
- Bar: the metal between perforations.
- Blank: unperforated area located other than along the perimeter of a plate.
- Break-out: term applied to the action that occurs ahead of the punch in its going through the plate.
- Centers: dimensional sum of one perforation and one bar or the dimensional distance from the center of one perforation to the center of an adjacent perforation.
- Die side: surface of the plate that was against the die during the punching operation.
- Finished end pattern: condition that occurs with some specifications of staggered pattern perforations as a result of tool design in which the pattern is completed on both ends of the plate.
- Gauge: a number designating a specific thickness of metal sheet tabulated in a standardized series, each of which represents a decimal fraction of an inch.
- Margin or border: unperforated area located along the perimeter of a plate.
- Percent open area: the ratio of the total area of the apertures to the total area expressed in percentage.
- Perforated pattern: the patterns that the perforations are arranged in, usually in a staggered pattern with midpoints nominally at the vertices of isosceles triangles or square patterns arranged in line with their midpoints nominally at the vertices of squares.
- Screen: surface provided with apertures of uniform size and shape
- Screening: process of separating a mixture of different sizes by means of one or more screen surfaces.
- Smooth side or punch side: surface of the plate that was uppermost during the punching operation and through which the punch entered the plate.
- Unfinished end pattern: condition that occurs with some specifications of staggered pattern perforations as a result of tool design.
IPSD-1: Finished end pattern for round hole perforated plate.
IPSD-2: Unfinished end pattern for round hole perforated plate.
IPSD-3: Finished end pattern for square hole perforated plate.
IPSD-4: Unfinished end pattern for squared hole perforated plate.
Inquiry for Our Product
Shandong Xingying International Trading Co., Ltd.
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements.
That will help us give you a valid quotation.